White Chicken Chili (vegetarian)Posted: November 15, 2011
Well… I finished another week not reaching my Cinch Challenge goal of 30 points. How hard can it be really? It’s not hard – it’s just forgetfulness or laziness on my part. I vow to do better this week. Really, I do
I did manage to Zumba twice, run once, and strength train twice this past week. That’s the only upside. The tip jar is getting full quickly. I think there’s $13 worth of booze money in there!
But you’re not here to hear how I didn’t meet my goal! You’re hear wondering how I made chicken chili with no chicken, right??
I had a hankering for White Chicken Chili this week. You know… the kind with chicken, white beans, green chiles, and whatever else goes in there. I knew what ingredients I wanted it to include and then searched for a recipe. Basically, you throw it all in and let it simmer. Easy enough… Here’s my version of vegetarian White Chicken Chili:
White “Chicken” Chili
- 1 pkg Gardein chick’n breasts
- 3 cans of beans (I used 2 Great Northerns and a black. There goes the “white” in my chili…)
- 2 cans of diced green chiles (I used one regular and one fire roasted)
- 3-1/2 cups of broth (I used Rapunzel vegetable broth with salt)
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cheese (I used nacho/taco cheese, instead of a solid white Monterrey)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Saute garlic and onions in olive oil (maybe a tsp?) until onions become tender.
- Add cumin, chili powder, and oregano and cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cheese, stir, and serve warm.